Main use of glass steel industry (about 70%). The construction industry also USES glass fiber cloth, the main function is to increase intensity. Also make building exterior wall insulation layer, interior wall decoration, interior wall moisture-proof fire prevention and so on
Glass fiber action:
1. Strengthening rigidity and hardness, the increase of glass fiber can improve the strength and rigidity of plastics, but the same plastic toughness will decrease;
2. Improve heat resistance and heat deformation temperature; In the case of nylon, the nylon of fiberglass is increased, the thermal deformation temperature is more than twice as high, and the normal glass fiber reinforced nylon temperature can reach over 220 degrees.
3. Improve dimensional stability and reduce shrinkage;
4. Reduce warp distortion;
5. Reduce creep;
6. The flame retardant performance is affected by the wick effect, which can interfere with the flame retardant system.
7. Reduce the gloss of the surface;
8. Increase moisture absorption;
9. Glass fiber treatment: the length of glass fiber directly affects the brittleness of the material. If the fiberglass does not handle well, the short-term fiber will reduce the impact strength, and the long fiber treatment will improve the impact strength. To make the material fragile not to fall large, we must choose a certain length of glass fiber.
Fiber content: the amount of fiber in the product is also a key problem. Our country generally adopts the content of 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, etc. While abroad, the content of glass fiber is determined according to the use of the product.