With the rapid industrialization in countries such as India, Brazil and China, the economy has rapidly rebounded. Due to the high demand in the transportation, consumer goods and electrical and electronic industries, the demand for thermoplastic composites is increasing. Due to rapid urbanization and an increase in the middle and upper middle-class population, the use of thermoplastic composites in emerging countries in the transportation, electrical and electronics, consumer products, aerospace and defense industries is also growing at a very high rate.
At present, FRTP has become the international hot frontier technology development direction. The future development trend will show the following characteristics:
1) The joint development of multi-professional, cross-industry, upstream and downstream whole industry chain integration has become an effective, rapid, mutually beneficial and collaborative development model;
2) The trend of new technologies, new processes and new equipment is more mature and widely used; FRT material database establishment, product structure design and computer simulation CAE technology are widely used;
3) Lightweight, high-strength, environmentally-friendly, low-cost continuous carbon fiber thermoplastic composite (CFRT) will be given priority in new energy electric vehicles.
However, there are still many problems in the production and application of FRTP:
1) Anisotropic distribution and effective control of fibers in woven fabrics (threads, tapes, felts) will lead to inconsistencies in the mechanical properties at different positions of the product;
2) The development of low-viscosity, high-flow thermoplastic resin matrix and the lack of modification techniques, single varieties, and high prices;
3) The interfacial adhesion strength between the resin matrix and the fiber (GF/CF) still needs to be further improved, as well as the interface (phase) structure design and control techniques;
4) Various connection technologies and comprehensive fatigue performance evaluation of FRT parts and metal materials (components) are missing;
5) The lack of low-cost, low-energy, high-efficiency, automated FRT production equipment technology development and engineering applications;
6) There is no industry (national) test standard and evaluation standard for establishing FRTP and parts (such as auto parts).
7) As far as China is concerned, there is still a large gap between the preparation technology level of FRTP companies and European and American countries, lack of professionals, and lack of collaborative research and development innovation, especially in the preparation technology and production equipment manufacturing technology. Make great efforts to improve and improve.
Therefore, in order to expand the application of reinforced thermoplastic composites and give full play to their superior performance, it is necessary not only to further study in terms of improving the performance of materials, reducing material costs, accumulating experience in use, but also to accelerate the pace of research in the domestic autoclave composite molding technology. To break the technological monopoly of China's advanced countries on our country and realize self-improvement of reinforced thermoplastic composites, and comprehensively promote the leap forward in various application fields.