Long glass fiber reinforced plastic is an excellent lightweight composite material, which is more easily applied on a large scale than carbon fiber composite material. Currently, it has been widely used in the manufacture of automobile parts and components in the international market with a market scale of 100 billion. The main factors restricting its domestic promotion are that the manufacturing process is not high and the understanding of the downstream is not deep. This year has been improved and related products have shown signs of heavy volume, and investment opportunities have already emerged. Depth science fiberglass reinforced plastic, with a view to jointly look forward to lightweight future.
The main points
1. The advantages of long glass fiber reinforced plastics are significant, and they have important value in the automotive lightweight field.
The use of long glass fiber reinforced plastics for lightweight vehicles has three major advantages:
(1) Lightweight, high-strength, significant weight reduction effect;
(2) Suitable for modular design, reducing the number of parts and processes and improving assembly efficiency;
(3) Significantly reduce the cost of molds and investment in fixed assets, more economical.
Based on the above factors, long glass fiber reinforced plastic is an essential choice for automotive lightweighting.
2. Long glass fiber reinforced plastics are mainly divided into thermosetting materials represented by SMC and thermoplastic materials represented by LFT.
The use of SMC instead of steel can reduce the weight by more than 35%. If the processing technology reaches Class A surface, it can be used for automotive exterior parts. At present, SMC has been widely used in the European and American markets for the production of components such as shell outer panels and structural parts. However, due to the backwardness of surface treatment technology in China, it is mainly used to produce non-exterior components.
LFT material is less dense than SMC, faster to mold, recyclable, and rapidly growing in the automotive industry. It is mainly used to manufacture automotive components such as front-end module frames, instrument panels, and battery trays.
3. LFT has become the key point in the development of the global composite materials industry. China's long glass fiber reinforced plastics are promising.
In the European market, the growth of LFT thermoplastic compound production exceeded the industry's total, and was the main growth contribution point of the glass fiber reinforced plastics industry. The increase was mainly from the downstream automotive industry.
Japan's next-generation lightweight materials aimed at LFT thermoplastic composites, and will focus on the application of LFT-G production process;
Thermoplastic composites in the Chinese market maintained a high growth rate, contributing 77% growth to the industry; and with the successful promotion of LFT-G technology and A-grade surface SMC materials, the application of China's long glass fiber reinforced plastics is expected to be further improved.
4. The long glass fiber reinforced plastics will only exceed 100 billion in the scale of the automotive & construction market, with unlimited potential.
The average amount of plastic used in developed countries is 12% of the vehicle weight, and is expected to reach nearly 30% by 2020. China's auto plastic consumption accounted for only 7.3%, compared with developed countries have a lot of room for development, is expected to reach 20% by 2020, when the market space can reach 231 billion yuan. In addition, the rapid development of new energy vehicles will also bring more light demand.
The building formwork made of glass fiber reinforced plastic has been used in the housing construction market, and it has extended to the public construction market such as rail transit and pipe gallery.