Fiberglass-reinforced plastics are a wide variety of composite materials with different properties and versatility. It is a kind of functional new material made of synthetic resin and glass fiber through a composite process.
Glass fiber reinforced plastic features:
(1) Good corrosion resistance: FRP is a good corrosion resistant material, has good resistance to the atmosphere, water and general concentrations of acid and alkali, salt and various oils and solvents, has been widely used in chemical anti-corrosion All aspects. Is replacing carbon steel; stainless steel; wood; non-ferrous metals and other materials.
(2) Light weight and high strength: The relative density of FRP is between 1.5~2.0, only 1/4~1/5 of carbon steel but the tensile strength is close to or even exceeds that of carbon steel, and the strength can be compared with that of high-grade alloy steel. It is widely used in aerospace; high pressure vessels and other products that need to reduce their own weight.
(3) Good electrical performance: FRP is an excellent insulating material for the manufacture of insulators, and it can maintain good at high frequencies.
(4) Good thermal performance: FRP conductivity is low, and it is 1.25~1.67KJ at room temperature. Only 1/100~1/1000 of metal is an excellent thermal insulation material. It is an ideal material for thermal protection and ablation resistance in the case of transient hyperthermal conditions.
(5) Excellent process performance: According to the shape of the product, the molding process can be selected and the process can be simple.
(6) Good designability: Materials can be fully selected according to the requirements to meet the requirements of product performance and structure.
(7) Low elastic modulus: The elastic modulus of FRP is 2 times larger than that of wood but 10 times smaller than that of steel. Therefore, the rigidity of the FRP is often insufficient in the product structure and it is easily deformed. The solution can be made into a thin shell structure; the sandwich structure can also be compensated by high modulus fibers or stiffeners.
(8) Poor long-term temperature resistance: Generally, FRP cannot be used at high temperatures for a long period of time, and the general polyester resin's FRP strength at 50 degrees or more will significantly decrease.
(9) Aging phenomenon: It is easy to cause performance degradation under the influence of ultraviolet rays, wind and sand, rain and snow, chemical media, and mechanical stress.
(10) Low interlaminar shear strength: The interlaminar shear strength is borne by the resin and is therefore low. It is possible to increase the adhesion between layers by selecting a process, using a coupling agent, etc., and to avoid inter-layer shearing during product design.
Glass fiber reinforced plastic advantages:
The heat-resisting temperature of glass fiber reinforced plastic is much higher than that without glass fiber, especially nylon plastics.
Glass fiber reinforced plastics have low shrinkage and high rigidity.
Glass fiber-reinforced plastics do not stress crack, and at the same time, the impact resistance of glass-reinforced fiber plastics improves much
Glass fiber reinforced plastics have high strength, such as: tensile strength, compressive strength, bending strength, are all high.
Due to the addition of other additives, glass fiber reinforced plastics make glass fiber reinforced plastics have a much lower burning performance. Most of the materials cannot be ignited and are a flame retardant material.
Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics Disadvantages:
Due to the addition of glass fiber, glass fiber-reinforced plastics make the plastic become opaque and transparent without glass fiber.
Plastic glass fiber reinforced plastics have lower toughness and brittleness than glass fiber reinforced plastics.
Plastic Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics Due to the addition of glass fiber, the melt viscosity of all materials increases, fluidity deteriorates, and injection pressure increases much more than without glass fiber. For normal injection molding, the injection temperature of all reinforced plastics is better than none. Glass fiber was previously increased by 10°C-30°C.
Due to the addition of glass fiber and additives, the hygroscopicity of glass fiber reinforced plastics is greatly enhanced, and the original plastics do not absorb water and become absorbent. Therefore, they must be dried during injection molding.
During the injection molding of glass fiber reinforced plastics, glass fiber can enter the surface of plastic products, making the surface of the products rough and speckled. In order to obtain a higher surface quality, it is better to use a mold temperature machine to heat the mold during injection molding, so that the plastic polymer enters the surface of the product, but the appearance quality of the pure plastic cannot be achieved.
Glass fiber reinforced, glass fiber is a very hard material, the high temperature volatilization of additives is a highly corrosive gas, the injection molding machine screw and injection mold wear and corrosion is very large, so the production of such materials used When molds and injection molding machines are used, care should be taken to ensure that the surface of the equipment is protected against corrosion and surface hardness.